Sunday, March 22, 2009

 

Mothering Sunday

Moo didn't have as good a Mothering Sunday as I'd have liked. There were cards and a pressie from the girls, but I had to do the 0800 and the 1000, and as Miri had been sick in the night, I didn't expect them to come. And in the afternoon, she spent 3 and a half hours at a dance rehearsal with Jo. She spent some nice time with the girls, though, and we're currently watching The Wire season four.

Also in the news:
Liverpool beat Aston Villa 5-0. This takes us to second in the Premiership behind Man. U., and ahead on goal difference.
Jade Goody died. I preached on this. She wasn't a perfect woman, by a long way, and many people had real issues with her, and fair enough. But she taught us something about facing death with honesty, and about how to make provision for your children. People are now talking about cancer - nasty cancers, in fact - and about baptism. And about how to die. These are all good things. I compared her with Mary, mother of our Lord. I think that's fair.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
so are you going to unpack that last statement for your blog readers then Mike, how was Jade like Mary?
 
Come on Mike. We need to know :)

I am learning a fair amount about religion by reading your musings.
The veneration thing made me think, mostly about the fact I don't normally think about these things!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?