Sunday, March 08, 2009

 

And it's goodbye from him...

(backposting) It was James' last day with the team today: he's been the "senior curate" since I arrived in the team, and he's been a source of wisdom and support over that time. And he's become a good friend, too. We saw him off at a 1000 service, and he also came to an informal "TECS" service that I ran at Earls Colne at 1800. Oh, and there was a lunch: he gave me a bottle of single malt, which I intend to ensure that he helps me drink.

The TECS service was interesting and fun, though I made a bunch of mistakes in the running of it (no grace, 1 wrong hymn, 1 hymn so badly formatted that it couldn't be read, stuff like that), but I played Lisa Gerrard's "Sanvean - I am your shadow" and Keane's "Again and again", which both seemed to go down very well. James I and finished the day with a drink at the Dog Inn in Halstead. We'll be keeping in close touch.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?