Friday, February 13, 2009

 

*Cough*

At Moo's insistence, I went to the doctor today to show her my cough. She seemed to like it enough to want to listen to it via my back, using a stethoscope. It must have impressed her significantly, as she gave me a prize to take away: a week's worth of antibiotics. These will make me loopy for approximately 7 days.

Other exciting news today: I asked Moo to marry me 16 years ago. And she said yes. I was down on one knee, on King's College bridge (in Cambridge) with a diamond ring which I'd bought with money I'd borrowed from the college (though I'd not told them why). We weren't feeling desperately romantic, so I gave her a bag (pink) for her new netbook (pink), and she gave me the series 2 and 3 of The Wire, which we've enjoyed watching immensely. We popped out for lunch, and in the evening had sausages, mash and baked beans: a staple stay-at-home treat. And we finished off series 1 of The Wire, which was an excellent way to finish off the evening.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Congratulations! Proposing on St. Valentine's day - you old romantic! (At least it's easy to remember). Loopy for seven days - will we notice?
 
How annoying: for some reason this is showing as an entry for the 14th, when it should be the 13th. I decided this would be far more classy, it was exactly four months after we'd started going out, and it's still easy to remember.
 
Old married couple then....
it is my 27th wedding anniversary next week, we are going out, film, and meal and taxi home... perhaps it is our age, and the lack of young children!

Oh dear now I feel terribly old. Please don't tell me how old you were when I got married!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?