Friday, December 12, 2008

 

Just because

Labels:


Comments:
hmmm, could bring quite a strong feminist critique to that.... I might when I've had a thing, fab music, not so sure abt the way the imagery was presented...

What did you see?
 
I put it up for the music, not the video, but I think your reaction to it is interesting. The first interpretation that I had was that it was a realisation of the ambiguities associated with giving up one's childhood to marriage, and the various ages of (young) womanhood, from baby to child, through puberty to womanhood, with a reconciliation between them, particularly at the end. How did you see it?
 
I saw the reconciliation, but am disturbed by the inference that a womans role is contained within marriage- as if this were her sole end...

perhaps the reconciliation was one of forgiveness... or maybe I view it through my own hopes for my daughters...
 
I think it's too short a text to read a single closed role into, but as a perpetrator of oppressive patriarchal hegemeony, who am I to talk?

(Note: no point in replying, as I'll ignore or discount any answers you give, even if I try, as I'm unable to step outside my given role in the power-obsessed hierarchy, natch.
 
:-)...I will post a reply over at my blog then.... come read it!!!
 
The girl effect
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?