Tuesday, October 07, 2008

 

Where's God?

D'oh: all around, clearly. But I've been away from home - and church - for coming up for two weeks, and although I've been saying the daily offices - always a helpmeet, and rarely a burden - I'm missing the opportunities for more frequent "visible" interaction. Services; church events; prayers with Jo as she goes to bed; prayers at night after I turn the light off next to Moo. I'll cope, of course, but it's an interesting lack.

I'd hoped to get to church last Sunday, but it wasn't to be. Maybe God's given me a chance to reach out on my own, and discover a different type of spirituality. I've travelled lots before, of course, but this is the longest since we've had the girls, and I'm lonely and hurting. God's here, but there's a difference, and I'm wondering how it will feel when I get the chance to do the more obvious: the more visible.

It's another reflection on what it means to be non-stipendiary, from my point of view.

On a closing point: I've been watching the US presidential candidates' debate. Why so personal? Why not more love and charity? We should be so lucky.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Mike- sending you a virtual hug- I don't have any words of wisdom to offer, so I will pray.
 
hugs - and re the candidates for election it makes me really sad. I don't mean to be 'pollyanna' ish but isn't it better to focus on the positives...?
 
We were saying at staff meeting this morning that we are missing you. Your colleagues are thinking of you - sorry to hear the going's tough, but don't worry - there's a whole two week's worth of abuse stored up for you when you get back ;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?