Wednesday, October 15, 2008

 

Curates get-together

This evening, we had a meeting of the 6 curates in our diocesan area. That'll be me, Terry, Mandy, Iain, Mark and Paul. It was convened by Tim, who's our CME (Continuing Ministerial Education) Advisor, at his place. We used the first meeting to get to know a bit about our stories, and wow: some of us really _do_ have stories. I don't count myself as one of them. One great snippet, which I don't think the relevant person will mind my mentioning:

"So I had my meeting with the bishop, and he said, 'so it says here that you were a mercenary in Africa. Obviously that's a misprint for missionary. So I said, 'actually, no...'."

A good meeting: we're going to have three a year, and use them to discuss whatever we feel is important or useful, rather than going over-structured.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Terry McFadden? If so say hi to him from Tim and I!
 
we knew Terry from Tolleshunt D'arcy when we lived in Tollesbury in case he asks.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?