Wednesday, September 03, 2008

 

God on Trial

(backposting) At 2100 today, BBC2 showed God on Trial. It was astonishing. The acting, script and cinematography were astounding, and it was extremely moving. I'm still trying to process it, but it's the sort of programme that I'd like to show the girls when they're old enough. That'll be a while. I wept.

I came across a stubble fire today, called the fire brigade and told someone who might know the farmer. It's a while since I saw a stubble fire. They spread quickly, they really do.

We had a "ministers fraternal" meeting today, where the clergy from Halstead - Baptist, CofE, Methodist, Roman Catholic and URC (notice how I sorted them alphabetically?) get together. The Baptist guy didn't make it, which was a pity, but it was good to meet the other clergy. We do a number of services together, and there's a "Churches together in Halstead" group (also including lay people) which meets to arrange other events, etc.. I also called someone from the town of Haubourdin, near Lille, which is near Halstead's twin town, and got them to agree that we might try to have some coordinated prayer events with them during the Week for Christian Unity next January. Did that in French. I was quite chuffed with myself.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?