Saturday, August 09, 2008

 

A grumpy (start to a) birthday

(backposting) I had a terrible night last night. And when I got up at 0600 or so with Miri, I was a little - no really QUITE - grumpy. And we couldn't go out, even when everyone was up, because of the weather, but most of all because Moo and I visited RSPCA Danaher in Wethersfield at lunch yesterday, and chose two kittens, but were told we couldn't pick them up until today, and that they'd call us (RSPCA Danaher, that is, rather than the kittens). Luckily, we managed not to murder either child (well, it was mainly Jo) before we went to pick up Danny and Zucco. Moo's blog - Blue Cow Moo gives some explanation, but it's generally to do with Grease. And yes, we're aware that "Zucco" is not how the film spells it, but we didn't have a clue when we had to write it down, but tough.

Anyway - after lunch, Moo took the girls out for a trip to Freeport/sleep. And I slept for an hour. And after that, everything went a lot better. We spent a lot of time with the cats. They're lovely.

Zucco
Danny

The girls gave me Endless Ocean, a scuba game. It's lovely, but made me a bit sad. Just because it makes me want to dive again.

Oh, oh. I meant to say. Moo went to the optician's yesterday. Her eyesight has got better: she's slightly myopic, but slightly less so than she was before. This is rather weird: until the optician said to her "sometimes you start getting long-sighted as you approach 40". She was scandalised by this, particularly as it was my birthday today, I'm turning 38, and she's 3 and a half years younger than me. Ha! On the slightly dodgy side, her astygmatism (previously slight and probably with correct spelling) is now more severe (and probably with incorrect spelling).

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?