Saturday, July 12, 2008

 

Being a proper clergyman (-person)

(backposting) Today I went to my first flower festival as a member of clergy. It was in Halstead church, and it was good - partly because there was good cake. I went in jeans, a hooded top, and a clerical shirt. I'm taking the view that, unless it's something special, it most honest to who I am - and therefore those around me, my family and God, to be and wear what I would otherwise - with a clerical shirt and collar. James took me for a bit of tour of the church, including going all the way up to the top of the tower. I'm not a big fan of heights, and struggled a couple of times, but it was a great view from the top. Halstead apparently has about 11,000 people - doubled over the past 10 years or so - and you could see most of the town from the top of the tower.

I got back home just after Moo and the girls, having been button-holed in the butcher's in Sible Hedingham. That's part of the deal, really, and fine.

Lovely to see the girls.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?