Friday, June 27, 2008

 

More retreat

(backposting) There are (as I've already mentioned) lots of services on the retreat. Four today: Morning Prayer (0800), Holy Communion (1200), Evening Prayer (1800) and Night Prayer (Compline), following an address at 2000. There's lots of space during the day to do your thing, and as well as reading some trashy novels to relax, I've also been doing some interesting theological reading. I have to note that the Homilies have got some pretty anti-Romish sentiment in them.

Anyway, to get back to the point, with each service there's a hymn or song. Luckily, there are two of us who play, and from very different backgrounds. I'm taking the standard traditional-type hymns, and Geoff has been handling the "songs", or less traditional ones. He's a star. Jazz piano where he comes from, and his "Amazing Grace" was brilliant, and gave me a chance to have a seriously good sing.

Although I'm very aware that life isn't easy for Moo when I'm away like this, but I think it's really important to take the time to concentrate on the ordination, and the journey that I've had getting there, not to mention taking some time to allow work to dissipate a little.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
WOW- I'd love to have heard the Jazz piano version of Amazing Grace. I have just posted a blessing for you, when it occurred to me that is was also for Moo and the giels, esp. the last bit.

So sorry to have missed you toady :-(
 
Calling me toady? Sorry you weren't there today, as well.
 
maybe I'll be able to spell when I'm ordained
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?