Sunday, March 30, 2008

 

Moo's ill

(backposting) So ill, in fact, that she's agreed to go to the doctor. Seems like her tonsils have a nasty infection: tonsilitis. It's not fun seeing her grimace every time she needs to swallow. Hope she's better soon.

Took Jo and Miri to St Andrew's, Colne Engaine, for the team Holy Communion Service, which was good. The girls did pretty well, and it was good to attend a service with Clifford presiding. John and Geoff were there, too, and it was nice to meet Mary, Geoff's wife. We started the service with "Christ is Risen", to which the congregation responds "He is risen indeed: Alleluia!". Miri let rip with a loud shout just after the "Alleluia", clearly in response to it, and got some appreciative laughs from around the assembled throng, which was pretty large.

It's fascinating to note that kids of Jo's age have no concept of race or skin colour: I asked Jo if she'd noticed anything about Clifford (who's originally from the West Indies, and black), and other than agreeing that he was wearing priest's clothes, and was quite old (he's retired, so I guess this is OK), she didn't volunteer anything at all, so I didn't mention it. The longer such continues, the better. There was a Tweenies episode later on that we were watching which brought up people being nasty about people because they looked different, and referenced skin colour, but I don't think she noticed, and I turned it off before she could pick up on it.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
What I think about the Tweenies, is it's very heartening that they can mix with other people without encountering any Tweenie-ism. Mine are a bit old now, but I remember noticing that Max, for example, could take a train journey without suffering any Tweenie-ist abuse.
 
That's my kids, obviously. Not my tweenies...
 
Next time you see Mary and Geoff say hi from me! Just in case they say who...mention Tollesbury...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?