Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

Not yet

This is Jo's latest, and I'm not sure why it's so affecting. Maybe it's the way she says it, and maybe it's the awareness of time she shows - at the same time as a complete disinterest in our terms of reference (and why should she have an interest in them?). Have you finished your milk? Not yet. Do you want a wee? Not yet. You get the message.

This morning, there was a frost, and Jo asked Moo, out of the blue, whether the white stuff was snow. She saw snow last year, but she can't remember it. I talked about it a couple of days ago, but I'd have put it in the "so abstract I'll be surprised if she remembers what it is when we actually see it" category. Children are monstrously amazing. Just beyond the intellect.

I love my daughter, however awkward, manipulative and downright annoying she can be. And she can. But she cuddles me, and we've agreed to talk while I'm in Canada ("Canda") next week.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Children are monstrously amazing. Just beyond the intellect... YES AND THEN THEY DEVELOP AN INTELLECT AND START TO RUN RINGS AROUND YOU!!!
 
Peace and blessings in your travels next week.
May you know Gods presence with you, to guard and to guide you.
 
You think she's not running rings around us already?!
 
ah yes, that dad and daughter thing!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?