Friday, June 04, 2010

 

Holiday

(backposting) So I actually got to take today off as proper holiday. And I have to say that I think that daddies should reclaim paddling pools. Not for just for themselves, but as a shared activity. Lots and lots of splashing with the girls, and much fun was had. The longer I'm a dad, the more I realise that the things I enjoyed as a child, and which I never expected to be doing - or enjoying - again, are brilliant to do as an adult. Partly because they're fun to do anyway, but mainly because they're such fun to do with children. Paddling pools, kites, rock pools: the list grows.

I also got to attend a Roman Catholic mass at which Hervé, whose ordination Kate and I attended in Brussels, presided. I wasn't able to receive Communion, but I enjoyed the service, and he preached well. I'd disagree with some of his theology and doctrine, but he was very good. The only major difference between the service and what I'd normally be celebrating is the lack of a General Confession and Absolution. Interesting.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?