Saturday, May 15, 2010

 

Variety is the spice of life

What a fantastic day I've had. Woke up late, with less of a hangover than I deserved, which is always a good start, and then did some hand-washing (of clothes, rather than the Pontius Pilate type). Got up slowly, had bath, watched some T20 on the TV.

A quick breakfast, and then off to the absolutely amazing Sydney Aquarium and Sydney Wildlife Centre. You'll see lots of pictures on Flickr photostream. I had a blast, and so wished I'd had the girls with me to share it all with - though being without them did mean that I could linger a bit more with some of the exhibits. I even had my picture taken with a koala, and got to stroke one, too (pity they're endangered: their fur, though short, would make fantastically soft yarn (oooh, whoops: spot the knitting convert)).

Then off to buy a couple of books. I've got a e-cooler ebook which I use a lot, but I don't like taking it in the bath, so decided to get a couple of paper ones. Then wandered down George Street to the Rocks and Circular Quay. I visited a market I'd walked round last week, and was unable to stop myself from buying some astonishingly neat steampunk cufflinks. I also bought a puzzle for my curate colleague, Sally, and a lovely indigenous spice/herb rub for cooking. Just then, the girls phoned, so I had a quick chat with them before heading back to the hotel for a video Skype call with them as they ate breakfast. All in all, a great day. I'm going to go and find a nice Asian restaurant now, and sit and have a lovely supper before heading back for a quiet evening in front of the TV or with a book. Yay for happy days.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?