Friday, April 09, 2010

 

Facebook and speaking out

There's someone I've been considering unfriending on Facebook recently, as I find his views very difficult. He's from the US, a Christian, but regularly posts what I'd consider very right-wing views about "big government" and poverty. In the end, I've decided that rather than unfriending him, I should respond to some of his posts. I've tried to do some in a measured way, bringing in a bit of theology, and although he doesn't agree - and others also don't - at least there's dialogue. And I've made another new friend from it, too, which is good.

If in doubt, I'm of the view that one should engage, rather than step back. My challenge is to do so in a loving, respectful, Christian way.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?