Sunday, April 04, 2010

 

Easter: Christ is risen, Alleluia!

(backposting) I had a bit of a sleep in, and did some knitting. I'd really hoped to get something finished before the service, but didn't quite manage it. Then to church in Halstead. I was presiding: another great service to be taking. One of the things we did was the renewal of baptismal vows in the middle of the service. I decided to move to the crossing in the centre of the congregation, move the acolytes with candles to the ends of the pews, and then to sprinkle the congregation with water from the font (which was filled last night as part of the Easter Eve vigil). This meant that people were facing inwards, and making the vows in the sight of both God and each other.

A good service, with a better turn-out than I'd expected, and then I popped home to change and then hopped in the car and drove the couple of hours or so up to Kate and Mac's, where Moo had gone with the girls yesterday. They were very pleased to see me, as was I, them. A joyous Easter indeed.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?