Wednesday, April 14, 2010

 

Architectural thinking

(backposting) One of the joys of my job is the opportunity to do some thinking at an architectural level. This isn't just in terms of the systems that we deliver to customers, but also to have some input into the base product that we produce as a company. I've been thinking about a particular technique recently, and had the chance to present it to the CTO and a couple of other people. I got a reply back from the CTO which just said "thinking...", which is about as good as you get. If I've managed to make him think, even if we don't end up going with the particular suggestion that I came up with, then hopefully some good will come of it, and I'm happy. I'm not the sort of person who gets territorial about ideas that I have: if they're not great, I'd like to explore them further. I'm an INTJ, and this is how I work!

On a more ENTJ issue, I was very pleased to hear from my previous employer that they're pushing through a patent application that I came up with. I'm very pleased: again, it's an idea that I had being followed through. Yay.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Interesting post on the personality front, easy to read you as an E rather than an I, but it fits. The NFP in me is grinning.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?