Sunday, March 28, 2010

 

Shredding. Frogs

Separate activities, you'll be pleased to hear. We bought a garden shredder today, and I managed to clear lots of old garden waste, as well as cutting back - and shredding - the second buddleia. In between these tasks, I sat and watched somewhere between 25 and 35 frogs who are using our pond as a place to lay their eggs. And, of course, fertilise them. I'd never realised how busy - and loud - they'd be during the middle of the day, but they were really rather active. It was really fascinating, and Moo and the girls also spent lots of time watching them.

We have _lots_ of frog-spawn. I mean lots.

This morning, I went to the 0800 service at Great Yeldham. Keith, our rector, has been a very good friend over the years, and he's retiring in May, so I was pleased to have the opportunity to get to a service that he was taking.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?