Monday, March 29, 2010

 

A child in a red top

Sometimes things touch you. Today, on East Croydon station, there was a child - a girl, somewhere between 13 and 18, I guess - wearing a red hooded top, who was weeping and weeping into a mobile phone. I was struggling with approaching her - along with all the dangers that brings - when she vanished as I turned around. I don't know what the problem was: whether it was something which, tomorrow, will be gone, and healed, or whether it was something with which she'll always be coming to terms, but I had one of those experiences.

I wonder if anyone else saw her. I wonder if I did the right thing. All I can do is pray. For her, and for all who are afflicted by grief tonight.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?