Thursday, January 07, 2010

 

An invitation

I have a friend who's a Jesuit and is due to be ordained priest in April. He invited me and Kate, my mother-in-law, to his ordination in Brussels, and when I said that I was hoping to come, he emailed me asking whether I'd like to read the Gospel at his ordination. Not only that, but in liturgical vestments, and in the service notes as an Anglican priest. This is an enormous honour, and I was so touched - in fact, the invitation had me in tears. I've accepted, of course. He was very apologetic that I wouldn't be able to lay hands on him at the actual ordination, but that's no surprise, and I quite understand.

I did manage to get into London today, and had a good chat with my boss. Good career stuff. Oh, and it looks like I might be going to the US this month after all.

Labels:


Comments:
That's really cool Mike.
 
very cool! Don't run away with the gospel will you :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?