Saturday, December 12, 2009

 

Tea-lights and knitting

In order to make Archdruid Eileen happier, I've decided to mention tea-lights.

Well, that's that done. So, the other news is that I decided to try knitting today. I've spent quite a lot of time on this today, and it's not going well. I can knit just fine, but I average somewhere between 0.5 and 1.5 extra stitches per row. And I'm only knitting 10 stitch rows, so this isn't good. It seems that I'm forgetting to take the stitches off one needle and put them onto the next one, and this isn't entirely postive as an approved knitting technique.

Labels:


Comments:
No, no, no. You've not told us why you lit them, what colour they were, whether they were scented, paraffin-based or beeswax.
Typical man.
 
I should be lighting the stitches? I'm confused, Archdruid. The only lubrication is the natural lanolin - should I be using paraffin to help yarn over the needles? And scented needles?

Please help me in this matter, and explain to what extent these issues of dogmatic significance, or solely de minimis.

I'm keen to start providing traditional beaker liturgical vestments (pace those who say that knitting was only invented around the 16th century - they'll be saying the same about pebbles next), and would appreciate guidance.
 
Knitted hi-viz, obviously. Like this guy... http://www.xamax.co.uk/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=330
 
I hope the kintted hi-viz is fire proof, if not there could be a problem with the tea lights, and pebbles will simply stretch the pockets, for as you know most people like to keep their significant worship pebbles to build mini cairns on their desks...

May I also suggest this possibility to you; http://www.branchhome.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=312

bringing together wool and stones, won't work with tea-lights I suspect...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?