Friday, December 04, 2009

 

A new machine

Well, it looked like that was what I'd need to do: build a new machine. Spent more time - in between doing rather pressing work - trying to get the old machine back and working, including recycling an old disk as a new OS disk. All to no avail, and other things seemed to be failing, so I decided that wouldn't work. Thought about getting a cheap replacement machine, but a quick trawl yielded nothing, so I decided to use my main desktop machine, and turn it into a server. It's powerful enough, and although it took some doing, it's (mostly) up and running. The main issue is email - the old machine provided mail for both me and Moo, and it all now seems to be doing the right things.

On a rather more pertinent note, I managed to get a major piece of work done, and sent out, a day early. I'm also quite pleased with it, and it bodes well for the future. All good stuff.

Oh, and we're planning a video extravaganza tomorrow night. Children and their friend Sennen first, then put them to bed. After that, Victoria, Jack and Charles (Victoria's other son) for supper and more video time. And, I rather suspect, some drinky-poos. No services in the morning...

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?