Sunday, December 20, 2009

 

Casting off

Yes, I've completed my first garment! Well, I _say_ garment, but it's a short scarf: there wasn't enough yarn. Oh, and it's got _lots_ of errors in it. But I'm enjoying it.

Wondering whether I should only be knitting in the current liturgical colour, but Moo says that only counts if I'm knitting _during_ a service, so I'm probably OK.

I was planning to take the girls to the 10am service at St Andrew's Halstead, but we set off, and the roads were just too bad: I headed back within half a mile. So, we went to the Great Yeldham lessons and carols service, and the girls did OK (apart from 3 wee trips between them).

They're both so, so tired, and Jojo really needs adult time, but Miri keeps wanting to know where she is, so it requires some careful juggling.

Before lunch, I had an Armagnac (Moo was on her 2nd cherry brandy...), and then we had bacon butties for lunch. A snowball fight finished off the afternoon.

I went to the Halstead lessons and carols in evening, and read the 8th lesson (the Magi). As well as the choir (who did well), we had a group called the Cavendish Consort, who were very comp. I really enjoyed hearing some good music (at Baroque pitch, on proper instruments).

Labels: ,


Comments:
well done re the knitting! are you hooked now?
 
Interesting, there was a discussion on knitting during a service over at Revgals last week: you can read all about it here
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?