Saturday, December 19, 2009

 

Being in charge

(backposting) We took Jo to ballet, and after that I took the girls out to a restaurant (well, I say that, it was a Frankie and Benny's), and then to Haverhill Cineworld to see Planet 51. They did very well (and no loo-breaks during the film, which is a minor miracle), though with about 30 minutes to go, I suddenly discovered that my lap was not my own. The film falls into the "mildly diverting" category, but I think they enjoyed it.

When we got back (and after a cup of tea), I foolishly agreed to take Jo around the village to drop off some cards that she'd refused to write before school finished yesterday. 2 were fine, but we discoverd that despite her protestations, she really had no idea where her friend Ellie lives. Didn't stop us driving around several times, and the tears, but I did my best.

Watched the first 3 episodes of the excellent Generation Kill. Really into it, I have to say.

Moo spent much of the day working, poor thing. But some big bids have come up, and she wants to have a good clear run over Christmas.

Very snowy here, and around -5 Celsius. It turns out that negative numbers aren't a big thing to Jo when explained with regard to temperatures. Worth remembering.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?