Sunday, November 15, 2009

 

Will it get done?

Woke up at 0555. Told my body not to be silly. Went back to sleep. Woke up at 0825. Too late for the 0800, obviously. So, I got up, and was at work by 0905. Did some work, and then, after some deliberation, decided to go to church. I ended up at St Gregory's, Sudbury. They'd advertised a 1000 service, which was changed to 1030, natch. Given that I'd said that I wouldn't be around this week, I'd chosen this church as somewhere out-of-area, where I could go incognito, and noone would know me. And, of course, there were two people from Halstead there: Val and her husband. This is just typical, and quite amusing. They'd come here because they're looking at houses in the area.

There was a lovely welcome, and the church was pretty full. I liked the service, and they have two curates, too. I think we should arrange a social: the two churches/towns have lots in common, and Helen, the curate on placement who will later join the team, is at ERMC, as I was. Good folks, and it would be fun to compare notes.

Back home, and work, work, work. And around 1700, I managed to get the work finished, which means that the answer to the question in the header is "yes, it will."

Went round to Sam and John-Mark's for a drink, ended up staying for supper. And the girls just got back.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Hmm. Have always wondered what St. Gregory's Sudbury is like. Guess I know now.
Glad you got the work finished.
 
You seem to have a plague of curates round your way. Round mine there's just the two of us.
 
Is that more destructive than a plague of locusts?
 
A curiosity of curates?
A cuboid of curates?
A curare of curates?
A curaçao of curates?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?