Tuesday, November 17, 2009

 

Moomins

In Finland today, having caught a BA flight. I'm booked back on Friday on a codeshare, operated by Finnair. Who knows whether they'll be flying by then? In fact, on the advice of the lady on the Finnair desk, I booked a fully refundable ticket from Helsinki to Heathrow via Oslo, with SAS (who, one hopes, won't having striking pilots). This means that even if my flight is cancelled on Friday, I'll be able to get back home. And only an hour or so later than I was scheduled to, anyway, which is a bonus.

It's misty and dark here in Hyvinkää, and I seem to have sparked something of a discussion my Facebook page about whether Moomins exist. A mate who lives in Finland has even introduced me to a (not entirely complimentary) song about the town. Now, if only the Internet connection were half decent from the hotel room...

Labels:


Comments:
whether Moomins exist, they do, as surely as the moon gibbon does ( or did until NASA got him)....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?