Wednesday, November 18, 2009

 

Internet access

You take it for granted, don't you? But I've spent the day on a customer's LAN with a pretty draconian proxy and blacklisting policy (no User Friendly (humour), no Facebook (social networking), no IM, no IMAP, no SMTP..., and the hotel I'm in just has crap access. Slow, when it works at all. I've complained, natch, but don't expect much to happen about it soon.

Realised last night, after posting, that I'd completely forgotten to note that I watched a great film on the plane yesterday. Given that I was seated in cattle class on a 3 hour BA flight, it wasn't on the in-flight systems, obviously, but I watched the fantastic The Sleeping Tiger - a Dirk Bogarde masterpiece. I recently bought a box set of his classic films because I wanted to watch his brilliant Victim, but this is the first of the set that I've got round to seeing. Great drama, some good acting, and a good old plot, too. I really enjoyed it, and I'm glad that I've got a few others all ready for me to watch on my phone when I get the chance.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?