Sunday, October 04, 2009

 

Fantastic sermon

(backposting) Sometimes, you turn up for a service, and get a brilliant sermon thrown in, too. Today was one of those days. I went with Kate to the 0930 at St Mary's, East Leake, and the preacher gave us a sermon which that she really cared about. It was about the careful line that the 1662 Book of Common Prayer (which we were using) trod between the Catholic and Protestant theological camps and the language it employed, particularly in the Eucharistic Prayer. It was a subject which she clearly cared about a lot, and she had me in tears at one point. At the end, I wanted to stand up and applaud. After the service, I went to tell her how much it had meant to me, of course.

In the afternoon, Kate and I took the girls to a Harvest Festival service at All Saints', Rempstone. I'd been prevailed upon to sing in the choir, and the girls joined us there. Miri had a little accident (of the liquid kind only, luckily), which led to some hilarity, but they did very well (despite Jojo falling asleep on me).

An OK drive back home, and then to bed, pretty tired.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?