Thursday, September 17, 2009

 

Supervision

(backposting) I have a great boss, John, and I'm very lucky and blessed. We had a great supervision tonight, first working through some administrative stuff - what services I'd be involved in, etc. - and then going through other issues. We discussed colleagues, the joys of presiding at Holy Communion - and other services - the importance of preaching, and tools and techniques to improve. That, and all the usual topics, of course, including women in ministry (we're both for: as a bishop once told me, "we ordain women because we baptise them") and homosexuality (I have no problem with homosexual clergy - or homosexuality, in fact). It was a really affirming meeting, and instead of finishing with the Grace, as we usually do, we finished with the Lord's Prayer, which is particularly important to me at the moment as both Miri and Jo are becoming well-acquainted with it.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?