Monday, September 28, 2009

 

Plans for the future

Not the long-term future, but it looks like I'm going to be starting a project in Finland next week. It'll probably be for a month and a half, and I'm very pleased to discover that Miguel, a colleague, will be joining me. We'll probably do a week on site (in Finland), and then a week off, through the term of the project. It's going to be be interesting, and I'm glad it won't just be me on site.

I discovered that St Mary Aldermary holds a Holy Communion service ("Mass") on Mondays, at lunchtime, and went along. It was a BCP service, with the priest (in dalmatic, rather than chasuble, I think), a sacristan/server (in cotta) at the front, and around 8 other people, including a nun. It was a lovely haven of quiet and peace in the middle of the day, and I'm very glad I made it. I'm usually in London on Mondays, and I'm going to try to make a habit of it.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Or a dalmatic of it?
 
Mike I am not sure a habit would suit you, and the nuns would soo notice....
 
... and what's all this dressing up about anyway?????
 
I'm an Anglican: the dressing up shouldn't surprise you.

And please keep quiet about the nuns, Sally. Remember: "What happens in Ditchingham stays in Ditchingham".
 
I remember that little dog we had up the front at the pet service, and how cute it looked in its terrier cotta....
 
Ah- nuns revenge- I hear they have a story to sell,..... one dark night in Ditchingham.............
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?