Friday, September 04, 2009

 

More school, more work, family

(backposting) What a day! It started with Moo accompanying Jojo to school for her second day: the school likes parents to come in early on in term to get an idea of what it's like, which is an excellent idea. Moo was very impressed with the teacher, and amused by Jo, who wasn't always good at waiting to be called on when she knew the answer to a question - and even when she _did_ wait, would protest: "but I knew the answer, I really did." Best one, though was:
Teacher: "whose birthday do we celebrate on Christmas Day? Josephine?"
Jojo: "Jesus'. And my friend Sennen's, of course."
Ah - and I should have said yesterday that Jojo has decided that she wants the teacher to call her "Josephine", rather than Jojo. I rather like that.

At lunch, a friend of Moo's from college, Sophie, came with her two kids. I didn't get to spend much time with her, though, as work was very busy. Good, interesting, challenging stuff, though - the job's working well, I'm pleased to say.

Last thing to report on Jojo, a little before going to bed who was rhapsodising about one of her friends - a girl - and how much she loved her. She suddenly came out with "Daddy, girls _can_ marry girls, can't they?" I was really proud, "Yes, Jojo, they _can_." Good for her.

Moo and I watched Buffy episodes until Jim (my brother) and Nina (his wife) turned up with their two kids. We got the kids to sleep pretty quickly, and stayed up chatting, eating and drinking till - ooh, well after 11. Really good to see them.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Hello, Excellent article on the different types of auto insurance coverage and they are important. Your clear presentation is easy to understand and very well written. Any time you’d like to write and submit an article to my site, just let me know. The presentation of blossoms to a individual's beloved is a romantic habit which brings joy to the person who allows them. An individualized contact would be to send a particular species Custom gifts, or a plant for that issue. There are some companies that actually use a technique where they print a individual's name or concept directly onto the blossoms.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?