Friday, September 25, 2009

 

Family

(backposting) Well, we used to be able to leave early on a Friday - assuming work commitments can be managed - to go to see friends or family. But these days Jojo's at school, and that's not an option. So we left after the girls' supper, and drove off down to my parents' in Somerset. Jo took rather a long time to get to sleep, though, so after interminable games of "I spy" (with various, interesting rule changes instigated by the younger player), I taught her the rudiments of algebra. "Let's pretend that letters are numbers. Let's pretend that "tuh" ("t") is 2, and that "ss" ("s") is 3. What's "tuh" add "ss"?" Jo then failed to add them up correctly on her fingers, but she certainly understood what was going on. I'm quite (no - very) impressed.

And I wrote another sermon. I'm going to be preaching at St Andrew's, Cheddar, on Sunday, when my father will be taking the service. This is scary, and I wasn't happy about the one I had prepared, so I started a new one. And completed it, but I'm still a little worried.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Had I but known... I'd probably still have missed it. I was in Plymouth at 12 so I daresay you were done by then.
 
Were you driving past? Plymouth is a _long_ way from Cheddar. I know they're both in the Southwest (in the same way that Cromer and Halstead are both in East Anglia), but really!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?