Saturday, August 15, 2009

 

My first wedding

(backposting) Did some gardening, and for brunch, we had bacon and egg sarnies, with the bacon done on the barbecue (healthier, as no added oil, obviously). And we had it early so that I could be ready in loads and loads of time for my first wedding. I was glad because I wanted to make sure that everything was ready, I was clear as to what was to happen when, and that I was on hand to calm people down if required.

To be honest, I didn't get that nervous, mainly because I was aware that the bride and groom were both more anxious about things than I could ever be, and my job was to shepherd them through the service. I had to write out an extra copy of their marriage certificate, but I think I got it right.

Anyway, it was a lovely service, and I really enjoyed it. Congratulations to Kelly and Darren, and blessings on their family, too.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?