Monday, August 03, 2009

 

Finding focus

(backposting) I've spent too much time looking at issues around installation, and have fallen out of the project groove, so today I took some advice from the trainer, and after spending some time with our PM, Christine, settled down to do some more relevant tasks. The trainer suggested that I settle down on my own, and try to filter out all the things going on: she'd noticed that I like to know what's going on in all the conversations around - either to learn, or to offer to help - and that this was distracting me. Good advice, and from now on, I'll try to ensure that I've got some space. Headphones are very useful for this, too.

Things are beginning to come together, and I'm feeling much, much happier than I was in the middle of last week, when I was honestly beginning to wonder if I'd made a terrible move.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?