Tuesday, August 25, 2009

 

Baptism preparation

(backposting) As well as spending some time with John working on weddings and how I'll do them in Halstead, I had a couple of baptism preparation, too. They're planning to get married next year, and both she and their children are going to get baptised. I went through the service, and the more we talked, the more I realised that they didn't know much about Christianity, but also that they were keen to find out more. When, at the end of the discussion of the service, they asked if I had a Bible they could take away, I was really pleased. And I then took them round the church, explaining about some of the saints, and also about why Jesus was crucified: the basics of the atonement. It was fantastic to have the opportunity, and they both - the husband, too - seemed keen to find out more. It taught me that we mustn't make assumptions about how much people know about Christianity.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Great stuff Mike :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?