Sunday, July 26, 2009

 

Leaving on a jet plane

(backposting) Off at 0730, and very sad to be leaving the girls. I'm not sure whether their waving me off from the sitting room window helps or not. Clear run to the airport, and quick check in (thanks to the Star Alliance gold card). Did some shopping - books and single malt - and then to the lounge, which was relaxing.

Got the gate early-ish, and when we were called up to the desk to embark, I'd been upgraded. This always makes me glad. Oh yes.

Tried watching Watchmen, but really couldn't get into it. Tried reading a novel I'd bought, but it was just terrible, so in the end, I just slept and read a book on NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming - one of the worst names ever), which was interesting.

We arrived early, and I managed to make it to a very informal Communion service at St Anne's Reston, a really welcoming, inclusive, family-based church. I had a great, great time, and was so pleased to be able to take Communion. I'd already been in touch with the incumbent, James, who'd been very friendly over email, but it was great to receive such a lovely welcome.

Back to the hotel, did some working out in the gym - I really want to get into the habit of doing this when I'm travelling - some food (1 beer) and to bed. Tired.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
hmm, will be interested to talk to you abt NLP at some point. Lots of hidden dangers there if you ask me!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?