Wednesday, June 03, 2009

 

Suspicious muscles

When I got up this morning, my muscles - particularly the gluteus maximus on each side - were suspicious. I've therefore been careful not to overdo the work they've had to do today, as I don't think that they'd be very appreciative, and might refuse to do anything for several days. This is fair enough.

I had a good spiritual direction today: interesting discussion about where my gifts lie, and how best I can use them. I love engaging intellectually - from the pulpit or in written form - and my spiritual director said that the place where he's seen me be most effective is in pastoral situations. That doesn't mean they're mutually exclusive, but it's certainly food for thought, which is part of the point of spiritual direction, of course.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?