Saturday, April 11, 2009

 

Yet more bishop

(backposting) Not saying this is a bad thing, of course: bishops are good. I just seem to be getting quite a lot of episcopal exposure at the moment. Oh, that sounds dodgy. You know what I mean.

After a lovely day with the girls - joined by one of Jo's godfathers, Simon, with whom we went to Clare Country Park for some small child bicycle time - we had a confirmation service in St Andrew's Halstead. I'd not realised before today that it was normal practice in the early church to baptise, confirm and ordain _only_ on Easter Eve (because, like all major festivals, Easter actually starts the evening before the day itself). So, this is a good time to be confirmed. I deaconed for the service, and apart from a few glitches (the thurible went out, the bishop left his microphone on whilst giving instructions to fix it, I headed down for the gospel reading before the bishop had had a chance to read the collect, I forget to offer him the lavabo - stuff like that), it all went off very well. And, to my great surprise, I found myself genuflecting towards the East end (not the East End - that would be silly) at the end of the service. Hmm.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?