Friday, April 17, 2009

 

Preparation for my priesting and first Eucharist

Scarily, these two events are only 2 and a half months away, and I really have to start thinking about them. The ordination will kind of just happen (God willing, of course - the bishop already seems willing), although we need to choose some music. My first Eucharist (does that sound like "My First Pony" to anyone else?), however, requires quite a lot of planning. They're both going to happen on the same day - Sunday, 28th June, 2009 - the first at 1030, the second at 1500. I'd love to welcome any readers of this blog who would like to come, but please let me know first, as I need to plan numbers for the different services.

Today, I booked a preacher for my first Eucharist: Ian McIntosh, principal of my theological course, ERMC. He's an excellent preacher ("I'm an excellent driver..."), and I really look forward to seeing him there. I'd considered a number of other people, but rejected them for a variety of reasons, and I know that he'll preach very well, which really matters to me. Also to be arranged:

Labels: ,


Comments:
Well thanks for waking me up. That's all I need as I'm drifting through spring, is a wake-up call like that...
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?