Wednesday, April 29, 2009

 

InfoSec 2009

(backposting) Moo and I shared a car to Witham station this morning and caught the train in together. Moo never likes this very much, as I'm of the opinion that talking on the train is quite acceptable, whereas she - who has done lots of London travel for a past job - is of a very different (some might say "diametrically opposed") opinion. I think she was pretty happy that I bought a paper and kept fairly quiet.

I was going to InfoSec Europe 2009, which was quite interesting, but had fewer areas of interest to my current job than I'd hoped. It's a show which is really aimed at IT security managers, rather than architects and the like, but there was some interest. I also met a number of ex-colleagues for catch-ups, which is always interesting. I also made contact with some RIM people - the first I've met since the take-over.

We got home a little before 1800 - strangely, Moo had lots to talk about on the train after her meeting during the day - and I barbecued some marinaded pork steaks, which we had with foccaccia ("I do love a good focc." is always a good way to get your mother-in-law wound up on the phone).

Still in significant pain from the ridiculous runs that I've been doing. I think I've learnt my lesson now.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?