Sunday, April 12, 2009

 

Easter Sunday

(backposting) Yay! Easter Day: one of the great joyous festivals of the Christian year, and I was full of joy, I have to admit. I started the day off with an 0800 service, at which I preached on how absurd Easter is, but how we can't not believe anyway, and then we had a 1000 service, to which Moo brought Jo and Miri. Si and D also came with Morgan and Boo, which is the first time they've come to a service in Halstead. Given how well Jo did at Gosfield last week, I decided to allow her to move around a bit and spend some time with me. It was OK while she was with Moo, the other kids, or colouring with a girl in the choir, but she wanted to be with me during the preparation of the elements, and bothered me twice while I was administering the sacraments. I wasn't cross - she just doesn't understand when it's appropriate and when it's not - but we're going to have to re-evaluate the whole thing, rather.

John had the kids over to the Easter garden, which was great, and then also preached quite a long sermon. This made the service rather long, and I know that a number of the kids (beyond mine) struggled. It's a difficult balance though: it's such an important day to preach the Word, but how to manage with the youngsters? I need to give this some thought.

After the service, we stopped off home briefly and then got ourselves into the car and drove up to Kate and Mac's. Jen, Jake (not well), Turtle and Mouse were also there, so much fun was had by all, including an Easter egg hunt. Unluckily, the cousins had to leave after supper, which led to some sadness...

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?