Tuesday, March 24, 2009

 

A new employer

Today we had confirmation that Certicom, the company for whom I work, had been acquired by Research In Motion. I was in two minds about this when things started, but I'm feeling more and more happy about the move, and we had an all-hands meeting/presentation with some of their execs tonight (though I missed some of it as I had to take a baptism preparation), and I was pretty impressed. Some of my initial reservations were around the old Blackberry I had about 3 years ago, but I'm hearing good things about their recent products and I like what I'm hearing about the company. It certainly remains to be seen where I fit into things, but we'll see.

Labels:


Comments:
Good luck with teh new bosses. Now... On the subject of https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=14961208&postID=8204458752014307241, my adaptor arrived, I did all the things you said in the right order (eventually), coaxed the bent pins back to straight, and there's no sign of the disk spinning - it just gets warm. Does it need a signal from the computer to kick it off? Or should it spin either way? Or could it be the jumpers?

thanks for any info...
 
It might not spin up until it's connected to the computer and has been recognised. Can't think, off the top of my head. Have you tried that bit yet?

Note that some disks spin very quietly.
 
Yeah I tried connecting it to the computer!! Maybe I'm not looking for it in the right place...
 
I assume you're using Windows: which version?
 
The nice one?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?