Saturday, March 14, 2009

 

Ladies' toilet

After a lovely meal with Jim, Nina, Poll, Lee, Florence and Frankie, we popped to Sainsbury's to do some shopping. At the end, Jo said she needed a wee, so I took her off to the toilets. The gents were frankly disgusting, and rather than doing the sensible thing and taking her into the disabled toilet, I accepted Jo's suggestion that she should go into the ladies. I stood outside, noting people going in and coming out: there was always someone in there at the same time.

After a few minutes, I heard, "Daddy? Daddy?". I opened the door a couple of centimetres, and said "yes?". "Daddy, my croc has come off." "Just put it on later."

I closed the door. Another minute or so elapsed. "Daddy? I need help with my poo."

A laughing teenager opened the door and suggested I come in, which I did, and waited outside the door while Jo insisted finishing some more of her poo. A woman came out of the other occupied cubicle, laughing at me. In the end, Jo let me in.

The ladies' emptied, and I tried to chivvy Jo on, to no avail. Another woman came and entered a cubicle. "Shhh," I said as quietly as I could to Jo. "Why? Why do you want me to be quiet?" "Shhh!"

The other person finished, and left, and I thought we were clear, but another woman came in and occupied a cubicle. Jo finished, and again I thought we were clear, but she took ages to get her pants (two pairs?) and tights up: and just as we were unlocking the cubicle door, there was a flush from the other cubicle. I have literally never washed my hands and ushered a child out of a toilet quicker.

Moo laughed like a drain.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Oh thank you I needed a laugh!
 
that's fantastic. Hilarious!
 
The only thing that would have made it better is if you had been wearing a clerical collar at the time.
 
Or if one of my parishioners had walked in. Or the bishop...
 
Yes, until the rules change - the bishop would definitely have been the best...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?