Tuesday, March 31, 2009

 

Fatty. Liver.

(backposting) Two words which I almost begged the people doing my ultrasound to find an alternative to. Something medical-sounding. With "hepatic" in it, maybe, but no: everyone calls it "fatty liver", so that's what I'm going to have to tell friends and family. The good news is that it's entirely reversible, and is almost certainly down to my being a bit of a lardy *rse over the past few months. You _can_ be thin and have a fatty liver, but I'm not, and I do, so less fatty food, less alcohol, and more exercise. All the things that I know I should be doing anyway. It'll take a while to sort, but that's fine.

In the evening, I attended James' installation as interim assistant priest at St Peter's, Bocking. It was a very moving service, partly because it's good to see James going into his first post after his title post (his curacy), but also because the parish is going through difficult times, and I think that James will be able to offer much to those associated with the parish. I sat, robed, with the other clergy, and it was great to feel part of a larger fellowship - not just Anglicans, not just men, Methodists and women, too. A very special evening.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?