Saturday, March 07, 2009

 

Crying

Jojo is just fantastic when she's good, but can be a real nightmare when she's not. This morning, I was trying to convince her to come upstairs to get dressed so that she could go to ballet with Moo. She wanted to say downstairs and watch TV, so I came downstairs and calmly asked her to come upstairs, at length. In the end, I had to pick her up (gently, gently), and carried her upstairs.

When we got there, she turned round to me, screamed in absolute rage, and pushed me away. She's never done that before, to me or Catherine. It was the rage, and the open-mouthed scream. And the rejection.

I was tired (in fact, I was about to go back to bed, as I'd been low on sleep _before_ Jo had us up at 0515), and that's part of the reason I cried, but it was horrible. Moo comforted Jo, and Miri came straight over to me and gave me a lovely cuddle. She's a real Daddy's girl at the moment, and it was lovely that she came over. But it was hard.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Sorry you've had a hard time, Mike (Actually I'm inclined to put it down as divine retribution for your recent sloth).
It must be really, really hard when a child does that to you, but of course it's really just part of growing up.
Just you wait until she's 16...!
 
lol Simon, there is more truth in the last part of your comment than you might think!!!
 
I think we're probably on the same wavelength, Sally! I realised after I'd posted that message that it could be interpreted as, "It will all be okay once she's 16," but that wasn't what I meant. At all!
None of which is very comforting to Mike. Sorry Mike.
 
:-) Simon, sorry Mike!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?