Wednesday, February 18, 2009

 

Kernels and zoos

(backposting) Mum took the girls to Colchester zoo today. I think she found it harder work than expected, but to be fair, the place was packed, as it's half-term. Jo's also getting steadily more (over-)excited by her forthcoming birthday, and Miri couldn't work out whether to walk or be in the pushchair. Everyone survived, though, and got back in time to make buns, most of which I ate.

In other news, I'm back hand-rolling kernels. I've not had occasion to configure and craft my own kernel version for _ages_, and I am enjoying myself. There's even a work-related reason for it, so I don't feel guilty about indulging in what is, undeniably, an extremely geeky pursuit. I note that there's some corollary to a well-known "law" which I propose thus: the number of options in a standard kernel will expand to compensate for compilation time reductions delivered by Moore's Law.

Oh, but it _is_ fun.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I asume that you are not talking about seeds or nuts when you mention kernels then ;-)???

Your mum deserves a medal! Well done Grandma!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?