Monday, January 26, 2009

 

To Canada - one last time?

(backposting) I took an earlier plane than usual, to maximise the time I'd have in the office in Mississauga, but that meant getting up at 0550. Luckily (or not), Jo was already in with me by then, so no matter. It was sad saying goodbye to Moo and the girls, and weird knowing that this may be my last time to our HQ in Canada, as it really looks like work is going to be acquired in a friendly take-over by Verisign. That's OK, but it's completely impossible to know if they're going to want me afterwards. Wasn't feeling great, but took something, and felt OK by the time I got to Heathrow: a sleep in the car helped (I wasn't driving).

An OK flight (I watched Ghost Town, which was funny and sentimental in about equal measure), and got in a little before 1500. Picked up a car, and was at the office by 1530.

There's lots of work to be done, and some politics to negotiate, but that's all part of the fun. I got done for the day around 1730, and headed to the hotel, and then on to Square One, where I managed to buy some clothes for the girls as presents. Back to the hotel, which was heaving, so I went and had food at a local Kelsey's. Not great cuisine, but it filled the gaping hole in my stomach. And then to bed.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?