Wednesday, January 28, 2009

 

Snow. Snow. And more snow.

(backposting) It snowed overnight. Proper snow. There had been snow on the ground - mostly piled out of the way - when I arrived on Monday, but there were several centimetres deposited - and in places drifted - overnight, and it snowed pretty much all day. I _did_ take my coat, and drove very carefully to the office, which is only a mile or so from the hotel, there to find only about half of the people having made it in, for which I really couldn't blame them.

Given the uncertainty about the future, it's amusing to see how many of my colleagues are suddenly very active on LinkedIn, and the number of recommendations and cross-recommendations that are taking place. I had supper with some friends from work, and we spent lots of time discussing what might happen. Upshot? We have no clue. It could be bad, but it could be OK. People are polishing their CVs anyway, and yesterday I turned down a 3rd interview because I couldn't face driving 2 hours each way a minimum of 4 days a week. I'm not that desperate, and don't expect to be in the near future. Was offered some possible contract work in Europe, though...

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?