Monday, January 12, 2009

 

Alpha, and a quiet pint

(backposting) Tonight I attended a meeting about Alpha: it was a chance for those in the area who are thinking about running Alpha courses to get together, meet each other, pray, and hear from Bethan, who works at Alpha International, and spoke very well.

Afterwards, I asked Geoff if he fancied a pint, he agreed to come, we met James, invited him, and he invited John. So the four of us had a quiet pint - and lots of crisps - in the Dog Inn. It was good to chat and unwind.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Alpha.
 
What Sally said - I've heard such mixed feedback.
 
I've only attended one, and never run one. I think they can be run in very different ways, and are less of a panacea than they are sometimes painted. However, if people are allowed to ask questions, and get sensible answers back, then I think they can work. And they're enormously successful!
 
Ah there you have it, too often people use them as a tool for preaching rather than discussion. I believe that IF discussion is encouraged and kept open then Alpha can be very good.

Not the videos though- those are not good.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?