Sunday, December 28, 2008

 

Recycling

I ended up preaching at the 1000 team service in Gosfield today. I wasn't down to do it, but my incumbent was ill, and it was lucky that we even had a priest to preside over communion, but Viv had called the fantastic Clifford, and he stood in. I made an absolute hash of serving for him, but the fact that we needed to consecrate some more wafers wasn't down to me: although the sidesman told us how many were there, we had no idea how many wafers were already prepared.

The sermon went down well, though: at John's suggestion, I re-used one I'd preached in November about the death penalty, and how opposed I am to it (see blogs passim in November 2008), even for those who kill children. This in the context of Holy Innocents' day, of course.

So, it all went well, and Moo (who's not feeling well today), the girls and I headed out for lunch in a nice pub-restaurant.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Recycling sermons? Anyone would think you'd gone all Wesleyan.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?